Nonsurgical or surgical spinal decompression can reduce the pressure on affected areas and allow you to move with ease. Dr. Bryan Barry can tell you how Flexion/Distraction may facilitate your recovery.
The Benefits of Flexion/Distraction
Non-surgical flexion/distraction can complement a range of other therapies, such as massage therapy or acupuncture. This non-invasive therapy is often included as part of an effective treatment plan offering benefits like:
- Improved oxygen, blood flow and movement of nutrients to an affected area, promoting healing.
- Reduced pressure on injured disks often causing a retraction of bulging or herniated disks.
- Decreased pressure on surrounding nerves and structures.
- Being able to perform daily activities and exercises more easily.
- Reduced pain in the back or neck.
Individuals may require a series of in-office treatments. Each session may last up to 45 minutes. Patients often experience less discomfort, inflammation and muscle tension soon after a session.
Surgical spinal decompression may be suggested depending on specific conditions and response to other therapies. There are inherent risks to any surgery which Dr. Barry will explain. A patient may not feel immediate relief after surgery and may have to wait until the healing process is complete to notice a significant difference.
Our Team at Chiropractic Health Care Center of Hamden, LLC Can Help
For more information about flexion/distraction, contact Chiropractic Health Care Center of Hamden, LLC at (203) 288-2821.